Transition Pathway Initiative (Disclosure Framework)
Benchmark Metrics are assessed by the Transition Pathway Initiative (TPI) and subject to quality assurance as follows:
- Initial data collection and review: Assessments for most Metrics are carried out by FTSE Russell analysts according to the methodology. The TPI team at LSE carries out Carbon Performance assessments that inform benchmark Sub-indicators 2.3, 3.3 and 4.3. All assessments (FTSE and TPI) are then reviewed by other researchers who were not involved in the primary assessment to ensure independence and consistency.
- Initial findings review: TPI and FTSE Russell conduct a detailed review to confirm that the data are complete and consistent, and resolve any inconsistencies by discussion. The final decision-making power in case of disagreement rests with TPI.
- Company review: Once the initial findings review is complete, TPI writes to companies with their preliminary assessment, offering companies an opportunity to review it and confirm the accuracy of the assessment based on public company disclosures. The company review is done for all companies, including those who provide unsuitable or insufficiently detailed disclosures.
- Final assessment: Company feedback is then reviewed and, if it is considered appropriate, assessments are revised. TPI involves FTSE Russell where appropriate and may also ask for additional information in order to clarify the company’s feedback. Companies are then informed of the final assessment, alongside explanations why their challenges to the assessment were accepted or rejected.
- Data cut-off period: When companies are sent their initial assessments, a research cut-off date is communicated to them. This means that the assessments will only include data that have been publicly disclosed by that date. Climate Action 100+ intends to periodically reflect new and relevant company disclosures and commitments that occur between Benchmark cycles – these will be displayed on the specific company assessment on the Climate Acton 100+ website as supplementary and unassessed information for the company.
InfluenceMap (Alignment Assessments)
InfluenceMap’s LobbyMap platform continually updates its climate policy engagement analysis of the companies and industry associations covered, with thousands of data points reviewed and assessed each week. Fully up-to-date metrics for each company can be found at this landing page: https://lobbymap.org/filter/List-of-Companies-and-Influencers#3.
InfluenceMap welcomes the opportunity to engage with the companies and industry associations covered, and other stakeholders interested in our content. We are happy to explain our system and would appreciate any comments, clarifications, gaps, and/or potential misrepresentations. Detailed feedback on specific pieces of evidence or text within our profiles may be provided by clicking on the “Comment” boxes at the upper right of each scoring cell, accessible via the grid at the bottom of the profiles. Alternatively, please email [email protected] to arrange a call.
2 Degrees Investing Initiative (Alignment Assessments)
For questions or concerns relating to the 2 Degrees Investing Initiative (2DII) Alignment Assessments in the Climate Action 100+ Net Zero Company Benchmark, please email: [email protected]
Carbon Tracker Initiative (Alignment Assessments)
For questions or concerns relating to the Carbon Tracker Initiative (CTI) Alignment Assessments (including those related to the provisional Climate Accounting and Audit assessment) in the Climate Action 100+ Net Zero Company Benchmark, please email: [email protected]